Our commitment to our Indigenous friends, family, and neighbours doesn’t stop with acknowledgements and naming rights. We need to continue to make our words count with follow-up actions that reflect our understanding of the importance of historical and spiritual connections that our Indigenous communities have with the land we share. We celebrate and honour the contributions of our Indigenous community, their voices, and the stories they speak. We look to include them in our spaces as they have welcomed us into theirs.
- Continue to integrate Indigenous art, culture, and stories into city projects.
- Protect and honour sacred Indigenous burial grounds within city limits.
- Continue the work already started under the COE Indigenous Framework.
- Develop and implement the concept of Urban Reserve within the COE.
- Integrate well funded Indigenous social services groups like Bear Clan Patrol and community members into emergency response for houseless community members.
Do you like this page?