People expect a multitude of transportation options that reflect a growing city with environmental concerns, safety concerns, and efficiency needs. Our city needs decision-makers that understand the complexity of this work and how our transportation needs impact our daily lives.
- Dedication to sustained and increased transit funding that lowers fares, remains publicly-owned and accessible with an emphasis on LRT expansion to all corners of the city and surrounding communities by 2040.
- More community routes with the expectation of moving to fully electric buses at the end of their current life cycle.
- Transportation Impact Fee for all new developments to build transit infrastructure to support new areas.
- Free Transit on ALL election days (municipal, provincial, federal) to ensure our commitment to equity, accessibility, and a functioning democracy that is inclusive and available to all.
- Request full review of Bus Network Redesign (BNR) within a year of implementation (April 2022).
- Look at ways to reduce idling vehicles and emissions with smart road projects like traffic circles.
- Better coordination between city areas to understand the interconnectedness of transportation needs in the community.
Do you like this page?