All Edmontonians expect and deserve to feel safe as they go about their lives. Having proper resources in place to proactively respond to needs for safety is key to the well-being of our city, community, and those charged with responding.
- Move away from uniformed response to vulnerable people in crisis, allowing for greater police response to criminal activity rather than policing poverty. Ensure proper resources are sent for proper response.
- Support the Community Safety & Well-Being Task Force recommendations including:
- A) Expanding the use of crisis diversion teams.
- B) Bring police funding into line with comparable cities.
- C) Increasing the transparency of the public complaint processes.
- Urban design that deters criminal activity through greater visibility.
- Involve community leagues in emergency response and emergency preparedness planning.
Do you like this page?